Audible Release Model. A spinal manipulation model that elicits a ‘crack’ when the right L4-5 facets are pressed together and released quickly. A dynamic disc model to demonstrate not only the approximation of the facets with disc height loss as the neural arch bears more load but this model can also show the therapeutic benefits of facet joint gapping as in the act of manipulation. Also nick named : The Oracle Model because of its role in the development of a research piece explained in more detail here.
- 2-part dynamic intervertebral disc (nucleus pulposus and annulus fibrosus)
- simulated synovial fold that emits an audible sound when distracted
- life-size L4 and L5 vertebrae
- palpable smooth hyaline facet surfaces with one having a roughed surface showing degenerative changes
- red nuclear herniation under load…similar to Classic LxH Model
- optional detailed cauda equina