This Academic LxH Disc Model is one of our best selling models and the most popular with our distributors.
Details of the Academic LxH Disc Model include:
- herniating (or disc prolapsing) nucleus pulposus with a realistic 2-part disc allowing 6 degrees of freedom and nuclear migration upon manual compression through a torn annulus fibrosus
- right posterior-lateral radial and circumferential tear
- transparent L4
- clinic white opaque L5
- embedded nuclear structure to demonstrate nuclear shifting dynamics
- endplate (blue)
- endplate pores (black)
- endplate lesion (red)
- vasculature in L4 vertebral body (red)
- facet hyaline cartilage (blue)
- facet subchondrial vascularization (red)
- facet tropism (L5 inferior)
- Detailed cauda equina includes: sensory and motor divisions, doral root ganglion, recurrent meningeal, gray rami communicantes, posterior primary division, dura mater, arachnoid sheath, rootlets, properly placed nerve root to accurately demonstrate the most commonly affected nerve with a post-lateral herniated intervertebral disc model.
Also see model usage videos for more clinical information. [*Clinical pearl is to use this model to show how flexion load will push the nucleus posterior through the tear….awesome patient education for posture teaching*]
Need 2 or more? Discounts apply when ordered in multiples.
NOTE: Each model is individually crafted and very small variations may exist between models and may not be exactly as shown…but it will be pretty darn close!