The NEW Professional LxH Dynamic Disc Model for 2019
New features include:
- circumferential (diffuse) disc bulge
- superimposed disc protrusion
- limacon shaped annulus
- peripherally exposed calcified endplate
- elastomeric white articular cartilage
- subchondrial bone exposed with a hyaline fibrillation
- bone coloured L5
- white superior endplate matching the colour of the articular cartilage
- blue coloured intervertebral disc innervation
The features that remain (from the previous model):
- flexible and totally dynamic herniating (or prolapse) nucleus pulposus. This is achieved through a realistic 2-part intervertebral disc with 6 degrees of freedom. Nuclear migration upon manual compression through a torn annulus fibrosus explaining pain generators under load.
- right posterior-lateral radial and circumferential(concentric) fissure
- intervertebral disc innervation to outer third of annulus
- nerve ingrowth (neo-innervation) to inner two thirds of damaged annulus to help demonstrate chronic pain
- left partial posterior-lateral radial tear matching up to the disc protrusion (contained nucleus)
- anterior circumferential tear
- transparent L4
- randomly scattered and embedded black nuclear structures to easily show nuclear shifting dynamics through the L4 view lens
- L5 superior endplate pores (black)
- L5 superior endplate lesion (red)
- vasculature in L4 vertebral body (red)
- facet subchondrial vascularization (red)
- facet tropism (L5 inferior)
- Detailed cauda equina includes: sensory and motor divisions, dorsal root ganglion, recurrent meningeal, gray rami communicantes, posterior primary division, dura mater, arachnoid sheath, rootlets, properly placed nerve root to accurately demonstrate the most commonly affected nerve with a post-lateral herniated disc.
- BONUS disc disruption graphic is included as a download
Optional Features: ligamentum flavum , spondylolisthesis (elongated pars, non-lytic)
See model usage videos.
Need 2 or more? Discounts apply when ordered in multiples.