The Professional LxH Dynamic Disc Model is our most popular for patient education and now considered the standard in spine modelling.
This intervertebral disc model includes:
- flexible and totally dynamic herniating (or prolapse) nucleus pulposus. This is achieved through a realistic 2-part intervertebral disc with 6 degrees of freedom. Nuclear migration upon manual compression through a torn annulus fibrosus explaining pain generators under load.
- right posterior-lateral radial and circumferential(concentric) fissure
- intervertebral disc innervation to outer third of annulus to demonstrate discogenic pain
- nerve ingrowth (neo-innervation) to inner two thirds of damaged annulus to help demonstrate chronic pain
- left partial posterior-lateral radial tear to help demonstrate the progressive nature of disc herniation and earlier forms of degenerative disc disease
- anterior circumferential tear
- transparent L4
- clinic white opaque L5
- NEW randomly scattered and embedded nuclear structures to easily show nuclear shifting dynamics through the L4 view lens
- endplate (blue)
- endplate pores (black)
- endplate lesion (red)
- vasculature in L4 vertebral body (red)
- facet hyaline cartilage (blue)
- facet subchondrial vascularization (red)
- facet tropism (L5 inferior)
- Detailed cauda equina includes: sensory and motor divisions, dorsal root ganglion, recurrent meningeal, gray rami communicantes, posterior primary division, dura mater, arachnoid sheath, rootlets, properly placed nerve root to accurately demonstrate the most commonly affected nerve with a post-lateral herniated disc.
- BONUS disc disruption graphic is included as a download
Bold (above) for Professional LxH Disc Model only (compare with Academic LxH Model)
Optional Features: ligamentum flavum , spondylolisthesis (elongated pars) and the Audible Release Feature from the Oracle Model.
Professional LxH Model with Audible Release Feature
Professional LxH Model with Audible Release Feature AND Ligamentum Flavum
See model usage videos. [*Clinical pearl is to use this model to show how flexion load will push the nucleus posterior through the annular tear in comparison to more neutral loading which will bulge the annulus….awesome patient education for posture teaching and to demonstrate posterior annulus pain generators*]
Need 2 or more? Discounts apply when ordered in multiples.
NOTE: Each model is individually crafted and very small variations may exist between models and may not be exactly as shown…but it will be pretty darn close! We are now warrantying this model for 5 years when ordered with the ligamentum flavum.